Cavallotto Barolo MGA Bricco Boschis Riserva Vigna ‘San Giuseppe’ 2006
Bewerking wijnkelder en vinificatie
– Volledig ontsteelde 100% nebbiolo druiven
– Gebruik van verticale fermentatie vaten
– Traditionele fermentatie methoden
– Gecontroleerde fermentatie temperatuur van rond de 29°C en gebruik van inheemse gistcellen
– Totale maceratie tijd: 30-35 dagen
– Malolactische fermentatie in cement tanks tijdens het voorjaar na de oogst
– Rijping 48-60 mnd. in Slavonisch eiken Botti van 20-30-50-80-100 hl.
– Minimaal 12 mnd. fles rust voor dat de wijn wordt vrijgegeven voor verkoop
Robert Parker: The 2006 Barolo Riserva Bricco Boschis Vigna San Giuseppe is a cool, inward wine. It boasts striking power and masses of fruit in an implosive style that will require many years to show at its best. The 2006 is all about sheer energy, power and muscle. Layers of fruit begin to flesh out on the muscular finish, but the 2006 San Giuseppe remains in an embryonic stage of its development. Readers will need to be patient. This is another totally impeccable wine from the Cavallotto brothers. Anticipated maturity: 2016-2036. The Cavallotto brothers march to the beat of their own drum. The estate’s two Riserve are among the most exciting wines being made in Barolo. Because they are bottled much later than most other wines of the same vintage, the Riserve can get lost in the shuffle when they finally make it to the market. I tasted a number of wines from Cavallotto recently, including the 2007 and 2008 Riserve, from barrel, but the wines were impossibly reduced and in no mood to be evaluated. In the meantime, readers should check out the 2006 Riserve, which are among the best wines ever made here.
Beoordeling: R. Parker: 96/100